Sunday, October 5, 2008

Defiant Illusion

There are many ways to make you feel better in situations when they are bad. One of the ways is the defiant illusion. It means that you defy reality and prefer to see things through your own illusions that make you feel better.

This is a very good psychology boost that increases your mood and encourages you to work more and harder to get what you want.

Let's give an example:

Once i went to Low Yat Plaza. I don't know why are there too many cars which makes things hard to get a parking. It's a weekday and people should be working during the evening or go home and look for their wives. It was really hard to get a parking space.

I was frustrated round after round, too frustrated until i feel like wanna shout at all the people outside of my car and tell them that they are idiots and they should reserve a parking space for the smartest man in the world, because i am smarter than an apple.

However, i prefer to stay low profile. I want to avoid unwanted attention because there are many jealous people that would figure out some evil plans to eliminate me. But i was so frustrated about the unavailable parking that i want to vent it.

So, i decided to give myself an illusion.

As i drove, i tell myself, "This is just an illusio. There are so many cars occupying parking spaces are merely an illusion. Wan kok lei ge jie (cantonese). All the parking spaces are empty. So just park in any of the spaces. If i happen to spot a crash or a wreck, it is also MERELY an ILLUSION. My car have no damage in reality. The wreck is just an illusion.@

Then, I found a parking space. I was so glad that i finally found one. So i just park my car and get on with my hunt for PC hardware.........

No comments: